HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! It's that time of year again, feared most by turkeys and loved by gourmets and gourmands alike. Thanksgiving has got to be my favorite holiday. It has all the festiveness of Christmas without the worry and stress of giftgiving. This year, we are turning to our traditional Southern menu with a touch of Filipinoness. As you will note, Turkey is the only main dish. It's Thanksgiving after all. Some people will add a second or third main dish, like ham or fish, but we feel the turkey should have front center and top billing. I will probably add a couple of new, experimental (my kids hate this part)dishes but I haven't figured out what yet.

Here is a collection of recipes typically served during our Thanksgiving Dinners. I wish you and your families a happy thanksgiving. Enjoy! (Click on the photos for recipes)

APPETIZERS:

Stuffed Mushrooms
Fried Zucchini
Crab Cakes (make them smaller for appetizers) Shanghai Lumpia


MAIN DISH:
Roasted Turkey
Click on this link if you want to brine your turkey first.


SIDE DISHES:
Braised Cabbage Green Beans & Carrots
Corn Casserole Wild Rice
Vegetables & Groundbeef Lumpia Cornbread & Mushroom Stuffing
Southern Style Greens (Collard & Mustard Greens) Giblet Gravy
Brussel Sprouts with Olive Oil and Garlic Fresh Pickled Beets


DESSERTS:

Momma Dot's Coconut Cake
Pumpkin Flan
Momma Dot's Sweet Potato Pie Jade's Watergate Salad
Sassy's Peach Royale Banana Pudding












8 comments

  1. Anonymous // 11/21/2006 10:13 PM  

    HOLY COW Woman!!! I think I'm gonna invite myself over next year! Your dishes always look great but if this is an example of Thanksgiving dinner at your house, I'm truly amazed and now hungry :D The lumpia picture is making my heart sing hehehe... especially dipped in vinegar and garlic. I wish you and your family a fabulous Thanksgiving :D

  2. Anonymous // 11/22/2006 12:59 AM  

    Turkey is the main course on Thanksgiving...and i just love turkey....your dishes look great nd they are making me drool...and hey for some interesting resources on Thanksgiving be sure to check out my Thanksgiving Blog sometime and enjoy all that's there...have a great Thanksgiving!!!

  3. Anonymous // 11/22/2006 5:05 PM  

    hi Jules! hehe! you're welcome in our house anytime :) I'm making lumpia tonight when I get home from work :P

    Hi sean, I just checked out your blog. How awesome to have a whole blog dedicated to thanksgiving! I printed out your pumpkin pie recipes.

  4. Anonymous // 11/22/2006 7:00 PM  

    Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Thanks for the tons of ideas. I am exempt this year from Thanksgiving and Christmas prep because of my vacation to Canada, but your list is one I can refer to when the need arises.

  5. Anonymous // 11/24/2006 8:09 PM  

    WOW! That lumpia looks especially yummy! I had a very Filipino Thanksgiving last year, which was delic.

  6. Anonymous // 11/25/2006 5:30 AM  

    Wow you cook all those stuff? How I wished I was there at your place munching all those goodies.

    Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to you ate!

  7. Anonymous // 11/29/2006 8:10 AM  

    Pumpkin flan, hmmmm. Sounds interesting. Brussel sprouts is a no no on my table, hehe.

  8. Anonymous // 12/05/2006 1:29 AM  

    you made all those?!?!?! crazy! amazing! and i wish i was at your house that night! hahaha! :D

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e