Peach Royale ala Sassy

Posted by JMom | Saturday, November 13, 2004 | , | 10 comments »

Sassy posted several versions of her Mango Royale on her site that I have been meaning to try but I either did not have the time or the correct ingredients on hand. With the recent disappointing election results though, we have been on a sweet binge at our house to offset the bitterness of another four years with Dumbya. Drstel who has been also feeling down posted several delectations on her food blog. Thanks to PurpleGirl who researched the recipe to adapt to ingredients available in the U.S., the work got even easier for me.



We couldn't make up our mind whether to use peaches or mandarin oranges, so we decided to use both. It was delicious! Here is our version, with some minor changes.

1 18 oz. can of Mandarin Oranges
1 18 oz. can of Sliced Peaches
1 Graham Cracker Crust (pre-made)
1 Pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
1 8 oz. bar of Cream Cheese
1 can of Condensed Milk

Mix the cream cheese and condensed milk until well blended. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure all the cream cheese is blended and incorporated, add half of the whipping cream and mix well. In another bowl, whip the remaining half of whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. Slowly fold in the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and pour into the graham cracker crust. Put the mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set. In the meantime, drain the canned fruits to remove some of the moisture. Arrange the fruits on top of the pie and return to the refrigerator to set.

The fruit arranging was Jade's job. We couldn't wait long enough to allow the pie to fully set though, so when we cut the first piece below, it wasn't fully set yet, but it was royally divine!



I have tried the no-bake cheesecake recipes before using Jell-O flavorings, but the result was not as good, and it had that "instant jello" after taste. This version is so much better, and the best part? No baking!

10 comments

  1. Unknown // 11/13/2004 9:02 PM  

    Wow JMom I only now realized this is the same "dressing" I learned from other Pinay moms near here for "buko-fruit salad" (2 cans of fruit cocktail, 1 pack of frozen shredded buko, and the following optional goodies: drained bottle of kaong, drained bottle of nata de coco,or agar-agar-cubes pandan flavor. My kids adore this creamy sweet dessert.
    I also sometimes put "table cream" from Nestle or Parmalat, or light cream.
    Photo looks great! May I ask how you do the lighting and the settings..?my pics are looking so yellow/orange. like a bad tan.
    Manananalo rin ang "good" vs. "evil", like Harry Potter will slay Voldemort somehow. Enjoy the rest of the weekend JMOM!

  2. JMom // 11/16/2004 12:48 PM  

    Hi Drstel, now that you reminded me of it, I just realized it is the same dressing! I use the same for my fruit/buko salad. I haven't made it in a while though.

    Thanks, for the compliment on the photo. I am almost embarassed to say that I don't really have a secret, I don't even have a good digital camera (that's on my wish list). I have just been using the Intel Cam on our computer and just the overhead light. I used to use the fluorescent lamp but found out by accident that the photos don't look as washed out when I use just the overhead light. My artist hubby says it's cause the fluorescent light has too much blue in it. Who knew!

  3. Unknown // 11/17/2004 12:42 AM  

    There you go! see you don't need fancy equipment digithingamajigs...ok na ok na your pics!

  4. purplegirl // 11/19/2004 1:11 AM  

    hmmm, i need to try your version and add cream cheese. i love this dessert. a real hit in my family!

  5. Manang // 11/19/2004 9:18 AM  

    Magaya nga rin...hehe...

  6. Anonymous // 6/17/2005 10:15 AM  

    hello JMom! just chanced upon your website thru the pinoy food talk forum, and i must say i like your site. i just have a quick question tho, with your good recipe, PEACH ROYALE, would it be firm enough to set without any unflavoured jelatin? this recipe looks good and quite easy to prepare, am planning to make it over the weekend.

  7. JMom // 6/17/2005 12:09 PM  

    Hi Jovet, yes, it will set without the gelatin. You just have to be patient and leave in the fridge for a while. This is Sassy's recipe that all of us copied and had pretty good results. Check out the PinoyCook website and search for the Mango Royale recipe. That's where it all started. I think you can also freeze it, if you don't mind it harder than normal, sort of like a frozen pie.

    Thanks for dropping in, Jovet! :-)

  8. Anonymous // 6/30/2005 8:02 PM  

    you were right, JMom, it did set, and was it ever delicious!! I also tried sassy's mango royale recipe, only, i added a pack of cream cheese to it, and froze it longer, geesh, it was heavenly!

    oh, btw, would you happen to have a recipe for egg pie? it has been years since i have tasted that, and am somewhat craving for it, lately. many thanks!

  9. JMom // 7/07/2005 8:58 PM  

    Hi Jovet, I'm glad it turned out well for you. This is one of our favorite desserts :-)

    Sorry I haven't tried making egg pie yet, although it's also one of my favorites. drstel at http://babyrambutan.blogspot.com did post a recipe sometime ago, just go over and search her archives. I've been meaning to try it, but haven't had the time. Salamat ulit sa pagdalaw. Balik ka ulit :-)

  10. Anonymous // 7/09/2005 5:55 PM  

    many thanks, JMOM for the egg pie recipe, will try that the soonest. oh, just want to let you know, that your blog is one of my favourites, kaya madalas talaga akong dadalaw. keep those yummy recipes coming!

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e