Corn Casserole

Posted by JMom | Thursday, November 25, 2004 | , , | 2 comments »

The Clone loves corn, and this recipe is even better when freshly shucked corn is available. For this version though, I used canned corn since the fresh are nowhere to be found anymore.



1 (15 1/4 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 3/4 oz.) can cream-style corn
1 (8 oz) package corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl stir together all the ingredients and pour into a greased casserole dish. I used a square 9 x 9 inch glass dish. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown.

The original recipe calls for cheese to be melted on top, but we are not too keen on cheesy toppings, and I was afraid it would overpower the taste of the corn, so I left it out.

2 comments

  1. Manang // 11/25/2004 9:24 PM  

    I have so many recipes to try now after seeing all your posts (and other bloggers')! I crave so much for the Ilokano recipes, but I will have to wait for opportunities to have them (as in, my sons are with me but hubby and stepdaughter are away...)!

  2. Manang // 11/25/2004 9:26 PM  

    BTW, Happy Thanksgiving! I have just come back home from my SIL's and taking my time now to greet my fellow bloggers...

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e