Dreamin' in the Kitchen

Posted by JMom | Tuesday, March 03, 2009 | , | 0 comments »

I'm sure I'm not the first cook who has been told, "You should open your own restaurant!" Sure, it's easy enough to say, but in reality, it's extremely hard to execute. That's why you see restaurants that open and close within the span of a few months.

If I ever did open a restaurant, I want just a small mom and pop type restaurant. I've seen it done. I wouldn't go by a set menu but rather have a daily surprise menu. I would cook what's fresh and available that day and serve it, family style, to whoever comes in. I would also only serve as many as there is food. When the food is gone, then we go home. We've had a day where the cooks made dishes that made them happy, fed them to customers who, hopefully, went away full and happy, then we go home! Sound like a great deal to me, don't you think?

The decor of the restaurant will be homey. Not country homey, mind you, but a contemporary 'homey'. It would be like visiting your very cool but rich aunt and staying for dinner. It will have have some commercial bar stools by a large bay window overlooking the garden where you can sit for drinks or an outdoor sitting area around a fire pit to sip your after dinner coffee. Doesn't that sound good already and you don't even know what you're having for dinner yet!

Dinner which will be served on great wooden dining tables surrounded by beautiful ladder back chairs like the one in the photo. I just love comfortable dining chairs, don't you?

If you've gotten beyond dreaming and want to start thinking about your restaurant, one of the places to go to for chairs and other restaurant furniture is FashionSeating.com. Checking out places like fashionseating.com and doing a whole lot of research is a wise idea if you're thinking of opening up a restaurant or any business.

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e