I'm definitely making this...

Posted by JMom | Monday, November 10, 2008 | | 1 comments »

Remember when I made tamales? I was thinking of making some more over the weekend and had even made some pork filling for it. But wouldn't you know it, some kitchen fiends got to the pork before I could put it in tamales! grrr!

Anyway, I'm thinking that I am just destined to make tamales because this morning, not only did my old friend Chas tell me that he's back from his hiatus, he also pointed me to a sweet tamales that I've just got to try. It's too bad the last of the fresh summer corns have passed, but I'm thinking the recipe will do just as well with some frozen white sweet corn. So off to the market I am this evening to get the ingredients for the sweet tamales.



Visit our new blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // 11/11/2008 4:36 AM  

    Honestly, I really don't know that those things were called tamales until I stumbled upon it while surfing on the net. And I didn't know there is a spice version. Gotta try that!

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e