Hazelnut Cake with Buttercream Icing

Posted by JMom | Sunday, August 03, 2008 | , , | 2 comments »

Filbert Gateau Slice of Cake
This was my attempt at being a daring baker last month. Again, I procrastinated and hem and hawed for nothing. After I buckled down and got started, I found that it really wasn't as bad as I thought. So I've determined that from now on, I'm not even going to subject myself to the anxiety and just get to it.

This cake turned out delicious! With the girls away in California this month, I hate to admit that my husband and I pretty much ate this whole thing by ourselves! All week long, I have been on a slice of cake a day. It was so good, but I don't even want to think how much I must have gained eating all that buttercream.

If you'd like the recipe for this cake that has a real fancy name of Filbert Gateau with Praline Buttercream, just click on the link.


Visit our new blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // 8/04/2008 1:24 AM  

    Your cake looks great. Hmm.. I should try baking a hazelnut cake too instead of a plain chocolate one with frosting :)

  2. Anonymous // 8/05/2008 11:20 AM  

    Hi dominique, thanks! I really love the hazelnut cake and will definitely be making this one again.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e