My Garden

Posted by JMom | Saturday, July 02, 2005 | , , | 5 comments »

Posting has been slow around here lately, and I had the best intentions, too! I really thought that after the girls left for summer vacation, I can finally catch up on posting some recipes. The weather has been beautiful, and this, our new baby, has taken up much of our time.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is one side of our garden, where the herbs are planted. In this bed, we have basil, lemon balm, oregano, chives, lavender, flat leaf parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. You know the song...

I'll try to get more photos of the garden that's been occupying so much of our time, from morning till dusk. We wake up earlier than usual, and we immediately head for the backyard with our cup of coffee, and sit and watch it grow. My husband has been spending endless hours tilling, weeding, and just puttering in the garden. In the evenings, we unwind in the garden too, and now finally, we are reaping its fruits. We've already harvested cucumbers, zucchini, and green tomatoes, and just about everything coming out of our kitchen is peppered with fresh herbs. Oh, I do so love summer time!

5 comments

  1. santos. // 7/02/2005 5:59 PM  

    wow! look how beautiful and vibrant your herbs are--i'm jealous, i've got a black thumb....

  2. ting-aling // 7/04/2005 1:28 AM  

    Nice one JMom! I love your "herbs garden". Plant lots of Basil for Thai Chicken Curry..read round 2 to find out what I mean

  3. JMom // 7/04/2005 12:42 PM  

    Hi sisO! I posted the bridge photos, on JnMom blog, but I see you've seen it already :-)

    Hi Santos! Hehe! I don't have a green thumb either, I'm just the idea man, my hubby is the true gardener:-)

    Hi TingAling! I can't wait for round 2 and the chicken curry! I do so love basil in curries.

  4. obachan // 7/09/2005 8:47 PM  

    Looking nice! Can't wait to see more pics of your garden :)

  5. Anonymous // 7/12/2005 9:45 AM  

    heheh, i hum that song while gardening LOL.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e