New Beginnings for the New Year

Posted by JMom | Thursday, February 17, 2011 | | 0 comments »

So the new year is well underway, another holiday under our belt with the passing of Valentine's Day. The year is flying by and everyone in the blogging world seem to have gone on a major overhaul mode. Several of the blogs I visit, I notice, have given themselves new looks, with new blog designs.

Another trend I've been noticing is that everyone is getting a lot of marketing materials made. Business cards are being ordered, giveaway items with a blog's logo is also becoming popular lately. T-shirts, of course, are always popular giveaway items. I would love to have one made for my food blog.

There is one place I found where, if you're interested in making any of these customized marketing materials, you run a test run and just order a few for yourself, or put your design out there for your fans to order. It's called Cafe Press. You've probably heard of it. Some of the new bands that my daughter follows have their t-shirts for sale from the site, that's how I found out about them.

They actually have a great selection of designs on their site, not just the custom designed ones although, personally, I think those are the best ones.

With St. Patrick's Day coming round the corner fast, I'm sure Irish T Shirts will featured on the site soon. Som of the other themed designs available are Racing T Shirts, T shirts with slogans, or T shirts with funny themes, with pets, or holiday themed. You can find just about anything there.

So I'm getting away from myself again. What I'm actually considering is having my daughter design a logo for the food blog and submit it to Cafe Press for printing. Our fans can order whether they want the logo on t-shirts, or other items like mugs, magnets and such that are also offered from the site. What do you think? Have you used them before? What are your thoughts? Please let me know.

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e