coffee,cheesecake,caramel

Cheesecake was the Daring Baker challenge for April and I opted to make the Cafe' Au Lait version. We actually wanted to try and duplicate our favorite Cheesecake Factory flavor, raspberry and white chocolate, but we couldn't find good fresh raspberries. They had strawberries and blue berries, but no luck on raspberries. Since I still had some instant espresso powder left, I decided to go with that instead. I also chose to top my coffee cheesecake with a dark caramel sauce instead of the usual blond caramel one. The combination was delicious!

For next time though, I will omit the lemon juice called for in the recipe. I don't think it added much to the overall flavor of the cheesecake and it sort of gave it a sour creamy taste.

This recipe is one of the best cheesecake recipe we've tried. It's not the dense type, but rather it is light and airy and very creamy. We all liked it and from visiting all the other Daring Bakers, I got a few more ideas on how to mix it up for next time.

Now on to the cheesecake recipe...

Visit our other blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e