Have some Sauce with the Fry

Posted by JMom | Monday, October 27, 2008 | | 1 comments »

My fast food obsession is french fries. I don't go for burgers, I don't go for shakes, but when I'm in a drive through, you can be sure I'll be driving away with some fries. For me, the french fries experience wouldn't be complete without what Drew call the Fry Sauce. It's a combination of mayo and ketchup. Before you go running and calling it weird, be aware that there is a Fry Sauce movement that has been around for ages. Do you know that in Belgium they eat their pom frittes with mayo instead of ketchup? There you go... Ketchup is not always the thing to go with fries.

Drew over at BenSpark has gotten a little obsessed with fry sauce and is running the Ultimate Fry Sauce Contest. You have until the end of the month, October 31st, to submit your favorite Fry Sauce recipe. Drew will taste test it, and if he likes yours, you can win a pretty cool prize (or should I say HOT prize?). Anyway, I've entered my favorite concoction, and you know it's going to be spicy :). If you have a special fry sauce blend, get on over there and join the fun!



Visit our new blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // 10/27/2008 2:54 PM  

    I am really looking forward to making all of these recipes. Thanks again for entering.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e