Food Bloggers get a Host!

Posted by JMom | Wednesday, October 22, 2008 | , | 0 comments »

Maybe you've noticed my new food blog, Cooked From the Heart. It's right there on my side bar and in between posts. I now have a self-hosted blog. Then what I am doing here in Bloggerdom? Well this is where is started blogging. When I started, I knew nothing of CSS, HTML, PHP and all those acronyms. They were Greek to me. Well, some of them still are.

If you are a new blogger, just starting out and especially if your a non-techie like me, there is no better place to start than Blogger. But if you've been blogging a while or if you have more technical knowledge than I, then I suggest getting and paying for your own domain and hosting rather than settling for a free service. You have more control of what happens to your content and you'll have more flexibility with your websites. You can, for example meld a static website with a blog with more ease when you have your own hosting. Also having your own domain, means you are investing in the future success of your blog or website. Create your brand early, start building it up, establish it then reap the benefits (and there are many).

When you aren't a tech savvy, then the best thing to do is consult with the experts, the geeks. The Web Hosting Geeks can help you find your way around the maze of hosting solutions that are out there. Visit their web hosting blog and learn the ins and outs of what to look for in a host. Why a cheaper host is not always better, for instance.

The website provides a ton of information regarding hosting solutions. When I was looking for a host, I didn't compare host companies. Luckily, I received very good recommendations and ended up signing with one of the top rated companies on the site. However, it would have been good to have been armed with all the information found at the Web Hosting Geeks website.

Food Bloggers, if you want to start taking your blogs seriously, get a domain and self hosting. Guess what, you can get your domain for free if you sign up with certain web hosting companies. Check out the web hosting geeks for answers.

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e