Meringue Cookies

Posted by JMom | Friday, August 22, 2008 | , | 2 comments »

MeringueWant a no fat cookie? Meringue cookies are made simply from egg whites and sugar. No fat! Not like I'm watching my fat intake or anything. I love fats and that's how I ended up with a bunch of egg whites. I was bakin' up a storm and used up a whole lot of yolks for some reason. I didn't want to simply throw perfectly good egg whites away, so what's a frugal cook to do but make meringue cookies :)

Try them out, they are delicate and sweetly satisfying. They are also very easy to make. You can literally stick them in the oven and go to bed. Click here for the recipe for these meringue cookies.



Visit our new blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // 8/26/2008 9:14 AM  

    in our bakeries here in our place, they usually sell meringue too, in all colors...

    and i love them, even when I was still young until now!


    I trying my best to learn how to cook (decent meals :-) thanks for sharing your ideas. Busby SEO challenge

    KabonFootPrint

  2. JMom // 8/26/2008 11:00 AM  

    you're welcome, kabonfootprint :) thanks for dropping by.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e