Have Your Pie and Eat it Too

Posted by JMom | Tuesday, August 19, 2008 | | 0 comments »

Is it too soon to start thinking about Thanksgiving? Probably not. It seems that time has been just flying the older I get. Before you know it, Christmas will be here again. Hard to think about it when it's 90 degrees outside, I know. But I am reminded of Thanksgiving because it's almost time for the girls to go back to school again and back-to-school shopping is in full swing. My sister-in-law was telling me about the laptop she snagged during tax free weekend and I'm thinking I should start looking for good deals on laptops too for my daughter who will soon be going to college.

Thanksgiving weekend sales are always a good time to buy electronics. They're trying to entice you to start your holiday shopping early. Normally, the buying frenzy starts the day after Thanksgiving, Black Friday as it has come to be known. People get the thanksgiving ads the day before and start lining up immediately after Thanksgiving dinner to be sure to get there first for the great deals come Friday morning. That's insane! I guess that's why I've never done it.

Now, there's more proof that you don't really have to camp out to get the best deals. BlackFriday.biz offers black Friday sale items online. Sign up for email alerts and you will be notified when the black Friday ads are posted. Then all you have to do is get online and order! No camping out. For instance, since I'm looking for a laptop deal, I'd probably be looking out for deals at BestBuy, Circuit City, CompUSA or WalMart. Check out the website before heading out, you may just save yourself a lot of head ache.

You can stay home and enjoy an extra piece of pumpkin pie instead :)

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e