I'm a Daring Baker!

Posted by JMom | Tuesday, April 01, 2008 | , , | 1 comments »

Birthday CakeI finally worked up the nerve to join the Daring Bakers and this was my first challenge, Dorie Greenspan's Perfect Birthday Cake! It was a perfect them and timely considering March is my daughter Jade's birthday and we've been celebrating all month :)

I made the cake twice, the first time just the way it came with lemon flavored frosting and raspberry filling. The second time, I made it with pineapple filling and flavored yellow frosting. Both versions were delicious! But between all that buttery frosting and the flan I ended up making to use up the egg yolks, I think I need to lay off anything fatty for a while.

Click on the photo if you'd like the recipe for this cake.



Visit our new blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

1 comments

  1. Princess of the kitchen // 4/03/2008 3:06 AM  

    hi, your cake looks delicious. Well done. Thanks for your comments too

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e