Fluffer Nutter Bars

Posted by JMom | Sunday, December 03, 2006 | | 5 comments »

Fluffer Nutter Bars



I am a lazy cook sometimes and am partial to one-pot meals. For desserts, I also like one pot desserts like these fluffer nutter bars. Just layer everything in a pan and pop in the oven. This recipe was adapted from Culinary in the Desert who in turn adapted it from Sweet Maria's Cookie Jar.

INGREDIENTS:
Crust:
1 stick (8 Tbsp) salted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 large egg
1 & 1/4 teaspoons baking powder

Marshmallow topping:
1 cup Nutella (hazelnut spread)
2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (this was all I had in the cupboard, next time I'll add the full cup called for in Joe's recipe)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together unltil light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and egg and mix until well blended.

Press the mixture above into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 9x13" baking dish to form a crust.

My addition to the recipe is the Nutella. Since it was already sweet and chocolaty, I cut the sugar in the crust down by 1/4 of a cup. Spread the nutella over the crust, then spread the marshmallow fluff over. Sprinkle with the nuts and chocolate chips and bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is slightly browned.

Cool before cutting into bars. As you can see, I couldn't wait until it was totally cooled, so it was still a bit gooey. It was delicious though!

5 comments

  1. Anonymous // 12/03/2006 10:25 PM  

    Yuuummmmm. Just got some walnuts to make my xmas candied walnuts. Am thinking of grabbing a few to make some of this.
    Drool.

  2. Anonymous // 12/04/2006 3:01 PM  

    I've never had marshmallow fluff but this looks good!

  3. Anonymous // 12/05/2006 5:48 PM  

    hi sis! it's really good, you gotta try it. Althought he original recipe calls for peanuts, it works really well with walnuts too. That's what I used.

    hi rachel, after this, I am so addicted to fluff right now. I had an extra jar in the cupboard, and my hubby had started using it on his cocoa!! grrr! btw, I was at your site the other day, catching up on all the delish recipes I missed. Love that enchilada your hubby made.

  4. Anonymous // 12/05/2006 10:38 PM  

    hmmm.. looks delicious.

    the queerchef says hi :)

  5. Anonymous // 12/07/2006 5:58 PM  

    Arghh! I have a sweet tooth, I might try this for xmas dessert!

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e