Green Beans with Lemon & Soy Sauce

Posted by JMom | Tuesday, October 03, 2006 | | 2 comments »

Green beans with lemon & soy


These green beans were cooked to accompany the chicken bistek previously posted. Not only do I like quick and easy dishes during the week, I also like to conserve on the number of pots I use because second to cleaning the house, I hate washing dishes. I find great satisfaction in one pot meals and even more so when I can cook two or three dishes in the same pot. Of course you have to make sure that the flavors are compatible. This is the case with these beans and the chicken bistek. After I cooked the chicken and deglazed the sauce, I put the same skillet back on the heat and melted a couple of table spoons of butter. Sauteed the green beans in the butter briefly, then squeezed a half lemon over it and drizzled a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce. Mix it thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons of water. Put the lid on and cook just until the liquid has evaporated. Adjust the seasoning and serve.



Filipino Cookbooks

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // 10/03/2006 9:05 PM  

    one of the ulam inside my hubby's lunchbox today. I just blanced mine, then mixed it with aurora sauce!

    oh, and I would certainly try that chicken bistek..looks so yummy!!

  2. Anonymous // 10/03/2006 9:07 PM  

    one of the ulam inside my hubby's lunchbox today. just blanched the beans , drained and mixed it with aurora sauce. and I will certainly try that chicken bistek, looks so yummy!

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e