Quick and Easy Brownie

Posted by JMom | Friday, September 01, 2006 | | 3 comments »

Brownies

This was a perfect recipe, and it really was quick and easy. I like my brownies somewhere between fudgy and cakey and these fit the bill perfectly. I have had this hand written recipe for a while, and hadn't had a chance to try it until now. I just hate I didn't scribble down where I got the recipe from. Since it required chocolate squares, I am guessing it was probably from a package of chocolates. I didn't have enough nuts on hand, so I just sprinkled what I had which was about a cup, on top instead of incorporating it in the batter.

INGREDIENTS:
8 - 1-oz squares Unsweetened chocolate
1 cup butter
5 eggs
3 cups sugar
1 TBSP vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts

Pre-heat to 375 degrees F and butter a 9x13 pan. I used a glass dish. Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and set aside. Mix eggs, sugar and vanilla with a mixer on high speen for 10 minutes. Slowly add in the chocolate, flour and salt until blended. Fold in the nuts, pour into the baking pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Do not overbake in order to get the slightly fudgy texture.

3 comments

  1. Anonymous // 9/01/2006 12:53 PM  

    i've been promising the kids for quite a time now that we will do some baking and i think this is the perfect recipe for it! i s---- i'll keep my promise tomorrow! thanks for this!

  2. Anonymous // 9/02/2006 9:53 AM  

    I looooooooooovvvvveeeee brownies but I havent tried baking one. I think I should give this a go.

  3. Anonymous // 9/05/2006 9:57 AM  

    hi ces and chas! this is so easy, it's a no brainer ;) just my kind of recipe and cures the choco craving when it hits.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e