Basil Salmon & Pasta

Posted by JMom | Monday, February 19, 2007 | , , , , | 5 comments »

Pesto baked SalmonI am still not up to cooking much. We have just been cooking old standbys like soups...lots of soups. It has been wickedly cold, but I am not going to complain because I know plenty others who are having a much harsher winter than we are.

While going through my saved drafts, I realized that I haven't posted this one yet. Perhaps it was because it was such a simple recipe that I decided to hold off on it. I don't know. But when I saw the photos I just made me remember last summer when we had such an abundance of basil that I started putting it in everything until the kids had pesto coming out of their ears. Not really, that was just a figure of speech, but you get it.

Anyway, I was making so much pesto that we just had to use them up before it went bad. For the salmon, it is really simple. All I did is to take some of the pre-made basil pesto sauce that I had saved in the fridge, about a cups worth, and mixed it with about half a cup of mayonnaise then slathered it on the side of salmon. Bake it for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees, and you have dinner! Serve with salad, and in this case, pasta with, what else, pesto sauce.


Basil Salmon & Pasta

5 comments

  1. Anonymous // 2/19/2007 6:21 PM  

    i know exactly how you feel! getting back to cooking and stuff after a great trip in manila...haay, buhay reyna...
    love that idea of incorporating pesto into salmon! yum!

  2. Anonymous // 2/20/2007 1:49 AM  

    Hi, JMom! That salmon looks delicious. I think pesto (and pesto-topped pasta) goes so well with it.

  3. JMom // 2/21/2007 2:54 PM  

    hi ces, I know.... I feel like crying everytime I wash dishes. lol!! pesto into salmon was a happy accident. Now it's a keeper :)

    Hi midge, thanks. It really worked well together, esp if you like pesto like I do :)

  4. Anonymous // 2/24/2007 5:45 AM  

    Honestly, I tried this one on my birthday dinner last Thursday. Everyone loved it and I said I got the recipe on my friend's blog. But instead of making my own pesto I bought the ready made ones. I think if I did it on scratch it would be a lot better.

  5. JMom // 2/24/2007 5:20 PM  

    oh cool! I'm glad you tried it, chas. Yes, it would definitely be better when you make it with fresh basil. There are wonderful pre-made pesto in the market nowadays though that I bet your version was just delicious. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e