Sour Ramen Soup

Posted by JMom | Monday, August 21, 2006 | , | 8 comments »

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I know I've mentioned before how ramen noodles are a staple in our house. It is the Clone's meal when we are serving fish or any other dish she does not care for or when I am feeling lazy and don't feel much like cooking but still want something warm and comforting anyway, we turn to ramen noodles. Luckily, the Clone has developed a taste for sinigang or sour soup and I managed to slip in some vegetables in her by making her this bowl of soup during another one of our seafood inspired meals.

For this version, I omitted the packet that comes with the noodles and instead flavored the soup with a couple of tablespoons of tamarind powder, a few slices of onion and seasoned with salt. Added the noodles and collard greens and cooked until the greens are tender. Voila! instant meal for the Clone :)

How do you dress up your ramen noodles?

8 comments

  1. Anonymous // 8/21/2006 12:32 PM  

    Love ramen noodles, havent tried the sour ones yet. like mine with eggs, kinda like the egg drop soup served in chinnese restaurants. btw...The Queer Chef pimped me here.

  2. Anonymous // 8/21/2006 12:32 PM  

    Love ramen noodles, havent tried the sour ones yet. like mine with eggs, kinda like the egg drop soup served in chinnese restaurants. btw...The Queer Chef pimped me here.

  3. Anonymous // 8/21/2006 12:40 PM  

    hi from one of queer chef's comment whores! :)

  4. Anonymous // 8/21/2006 8:13 PM  

    Ramen is one of the foods my children love. We throw in vegetables and stir in some raw eggs for extr protien along with some meat and the kiddies love it. I put Ramen in our Jow Hon (it calls for glass noodles) and it really gives jow hon substance.

  5. Anonymous // 8/21/2006 11:13 PM  

    Hi! I also love ramen but I like mine plain. I just love the texture of ramen in my mouth. :-)

  6. Anonymous // 8/22/2006 1:23 AM  

    When I was single, my favorite hang-over meal was ramen soup w/ginger, sinigang mix, eggs (dropped but not broken), a few shrimp and some spinach and sprinkle in some crushed red italian peppers. Got the recipe from one of my Lao drinking buds :-) Yummy!! Now the kids love their ramen noodles, but alas, just plain.

  7. Anonymous // 8/22/2006 10:30 AM  

    Hi Callen, I like mine with eggs too!

    Hi Aliza, thanks for visiting :)

    Hi Doctor, this is really a hit with kids isn't it? It's a great filler, especially when they're hungry and I don't have anything cooked.

    Hi ladybug, i love the texture too. Sometimes I drain the broth out of it and just the noodles plain.

    Hi sis! I have to try it with ginger next time. Have never done that before, but I have spiced it up. Yummy!

  8. Anonymous // 8/22/2006 4:23 PM  

    before I was married, i'd always have instant noodles with an egg just before that time of the month. it was weird how that craving was so well-timed. it's still a staple in my grocery list...

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e