Green Beans with Pinenuts

Posted by JMom | Tuesday, August 22, 2006 | , | 6 comments »


Although I did plant some green beans in our garden, I have to admit that these were not from mine, but from my fave warehouse store, Costco. These are French beans or haricot verts according to the packaging. I bought a pack a few weeks ago before our plants started bearing fruit.

INGREDIENTS:
1 Lb. Green Beans
2 cloves of Garlic, chopped
2 Tablespoons Butter
3 Tablespoons Water
Salt to taste
Toasted Pinenuts

Heat/melt butter, add garlic and saute' until fragrant. Add beans and roll in the butter & garlic mixture for about a minute. Add the water and sprinkle with salt. Cover and let cook until water evaporates. Take the pan off the heat as soon as it starts to dry up. Place on a serving dish and sprinkle with pinenuts.

6 comments

  1. Anonymous // 8/23/2006 12:42 AM  

    Looks yummy and this must be healthy stuff!
    Chas told me that I should not forget to say "Hi, from the Queer Chef !" ;-)

  2. Anonymous // 8/24/2006 3:00 PM  

    Hmmmm I havent tried that yet. I like greenbeans but is it more delicious with peanuts? Since it does look delicious!

  3. Anonymous // 8/25/2006 5:24 PM  

    Thanks for the complement for my kiddies. I do love PINEnuts, but never tried them in green beans. When I was young, we used to spend hours trying to crack the california pine nuts open. Never thought they would be available commercially. Though I know it is a different variety. I also want to complement you on your blog (colors, layout, etc) as it is very pleasing. It portrays a wholesum-ness that a food blog should have. Well done.

  4. Anonymous // 8/25/2006 11:21 PM  

    MMM. I've been eyeing those beans at Costco for a while now.

  5. Anonymous // 8/26/2006 12:17 PM  

    mmmmm looks good :)

  6. Anonymous // 8/26/2006 10:26 PM  

    I like to eat green beans. Surely, in the coming days, I can follow your recipe.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e