Memories of Philippine Kitchens

Posted by JMom | Tuesday, June 06, 2006 | | 3 comments »

With every Lasang Pinoy event, it seems that many of us dust off our very own memories of our very own Philippine Kitchens. Now here is a book whose title seems to embody the sentiments of Lasang Pinoy. The authors, Amy Besa and Romy Dorotan, are owners and chefs at the popular Filipino restaurant, Cendrillon, in New York. I hope I will get a chance to visit the restaurant one of these days; fellow food bloggers who have visited the restaurant have nothing but good things to say about it. For starters, because there is just no telling when we will ever get to go, I think I will be getting this book for my collection.


For More Filipino Cookbooks, Click here.

3 comments

  1. Anonymous // 6/08/2006 9:42 AM  

    hello Jmom!! That is nice! I am just wondering why there arent so many Filipino restaurants mostly are populated with Thai or Chinese restos

  2. Anonymous // 6/09/2006 3:33 AM  

    Hi JMom! Kapag binisita mo restaurant, isama mo naman ako? (^-^)...si Stel kasi, ininggit ako eh *lol*
    I wanna taste their purple fresh lumpia ;)

  3. Anonymous // 11/02/2006 12:22 AM  

    While it is a great subject for a cookbook- you don't say whether the book is any good ;)

    I'm wondering how many pictures are in it... whether you think the recipes are authentic... ?

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e