The Clone's Miso, Egg and Noodle Soup

Posted by JMom | Monday, June 05, 2006 | , | 2 comments »

The Clone's Miso & Egg Noodle Soup
This is a very simple soup, similar to the packaged ramen noodles the clone likes, but is a lot healthier and has less sodium. You just have to start with a hearty homemade chicken stock, which is also a great way of sneaking in needed vitamins and minerals. If you don't have a vegetable infused stock, you can always add any vegetable you want to this dish. You will need:

6 cups Chicken Stock
1 Bundle of Somen Noodles
1 egg, scrambled
1 to 2 tablespoons of Miso (fermented soybeans), depending on how salty your stock is

Bring the chicken stock to a boil and add the miso to flavor, then the noodles. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the noodles are cooked. Lower the heat and slowly add the beaten egg while gently stirring the soup. Remove from heat and serve.

2 comments

  1. Beng // 6/09/2006 7:53 PM  

    hmmm, miso soup...this reminds me I had been planning to prepare Sushi pero di ko pa rin nagawa til now.

    I'll try this recipe of yours :) thanks for sharing.

  2. JMom // 6/10/2006 10:51 AM  

    Nice and simple is my kind of cooking, Chas :-) I already updated my link to your domain. Thanks for letting me know.

    Hi Beng! You and me both. I've been planning on making homemade sushi too, so I bought all the dry ingredients but haven't found good sashimi quality tuna yet :(

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e