Top 10 Favorites: You are what you eat meme

Posted by JMom | Thursday, February 02, 2006 | 3 comments »

The Ilokana Chef tagged me for this meme. Identifying my top ten favorites food is really difficult. That's like making me choose which one of my children is my favorite. They all have different flavors, evoke different moods, and have different purposes. I am more likely to identify food groups rather than specific recipes and when I do it's easier to select what I don't like as more than likely I will favor most of them.

SEAFOOD
1. Lobster & Crabs - I enjoy these most at their purest and simplest forms: boiled or steamed, dipped in butter or lemon/soy mixture. However, any versions or embelishments will not be rejected.

2. Shrimps - in any shape or way is also a favorite. I haven't met a shrimp yet that I didn't like. Again, simplicity tops the list. Halabos na hipon (steamed shrimps) with the head on, dipped in vinegar with garlic, can't lose.

3. Clams, Mussels and Snails - what can I say, I love shellfish! For these steamed and soups are the favored way.

4. Fish including Cuttlefish (squid) and Octopus - Again, simplicity reigns. Try it raw as in sashimi or sushi and I'm one happy girl. If you have to cook 'em, then broiled with tomatoes and fish sauce on the sice will make me a happy camper. :-)

5. Seaweeds and other sea creatures - this includes turtles, sea urchins, and other ocean dwellers I may have missed.

I really do love the ocean, but after this list, the ocean may not be loving me in return :-D

CARBOHYDRATES
6. Pastas - any pasta paired with any of the seafood above would just put me over the top. It doesn't matter what shape, I'll take pasta any day.

7. Breads - I love all breads, except Wonder bread, which should not even be called bread let along Wonder anything. I like breads that fight back and threaten to pull caps off your teeth and crunches when you bite them.

8. Rice - Need I say more? I can eat rice at every meal, at every stage of the meal: appetizer rice, rice soup, main course rice, rice as dessert.

PRODUCE
9. Fruits and Vegetables - If I didn't love sea animals and a good steak so much, I'd be a vegetarian. No meal for me is complete without a vegetable or fruit, ANY vegetable or fruit.

CHOCOLATE
10. Yes, it is it's own food group. Whenever I'm feeling low, high, or anywhere in between, chocolate is my company. That's all I got to say about that, as Forrest Gump would say.

3 comments

  1. dexiejane // 2/02/2006 1:50 PM  

    no one can resist chocolate :)

    thanks for answering the tag.

  2. Anonymous // 2/02/2006 7:50 PM  

    since this meme been round to most of us.. MAJORITY ARE SEAFOOD LOVERS!!!

    andito pinsan ko.. from manila so busy

  3. Sassy Lawyer // 2/13/2006 6:39 AM  

    cuttlefish is another name for squid? wow, i didn't know that. i always thought they were different.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e