Spicy Caldereta

Posted by JMom | Thursday, July 30, 2009 | , | 2 comments »

Chicken Caldereta Caldereta in Filipino cuisine is usually made with goat or beef meat. However, when I was deciding on how to cook a whole chicken one day, I ran across a pack of Mama Sita's Caldereta Spice mix in my cupboard. I had bought it with the intention of using it with goat meat but I never got around to buying goad meat so I decided to use it on chicken instead.

Now my family, when it comes to chicken loves it fried or adobo and don't care for it much any other way. This is the first time that they finished up a stewed chicken dish! If you don't have the mix all you have to do is search for Chicken Caldereta on the web and you will get a long list of recipes. If you're like me, you'll browse through several then pick and choose the features you like in each recipe and come up with your own version. You can't go wrong.

If you'd like my version, here is the recipe I used for Mama Sita’s Spicy Chicken Caldereta.



Visit our other blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

2 comments

  1. TaGa_Luto // 7/31/2009 12:08 AM  

    I also use Mama Sita. They are great esp. when you're tired and too busy to cook dishes from scratch. I've yet to try chicken for Caldereta.

  2. ChichaJo // 7/31/2009 4:33 AM  

    Chicken caldereta...why not! How ingenius! :)

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e