Opo in Tomato Sauce

Posted by JMom | Sunday, January 25, 2009 | | 0 comments »

Opo Squash in Tomato SauceI haven't had much time to cook lately, thus the lack of updates on the food front. My grandmother, lola as we called her, sadly passed away this month and I had to go to California to be with the family.

Simple dishes like this opo squash reminds me of her. She was and is a great influence in the way I cook, eat, and my attitude towards food in general. When we were growing up, she always cooked this type of squash sauteed with a bit of pork or shrimps. Sometimes she made it saucy sometimes she made it dry or with noodles. I do all those methods too but when I'm in a rush and just need to get a vegetable on the table fast, this is my latest method of choice: (click on the link for the recipe)
Opo Squash in Tomato Sauce




Visit our new blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e