Fancy Ratatouille

Posted by JMom | Monday, July 14, 2008 | , | 2 comments »

RatatouilleEven if you've never tasted it before or don't even know what Ratatouille is, I'm sure you've heard of it especially after the animated movie of the same name came out. When you are served up ratatouille the first time, you either love it or are 'ehh, what's the big deal about it other than the fancy name?' Well, I've had ratatouille before the movie, and I had the later reaction. I wasn't really too crazy about it. It was nothing special and the eggplants were usually not cooked well and had that bitter, itchy aftertaste. Maybe it was the way it was prepared that I didn't like. Because when I made this dish this time, I loved it. WE all loved it!

This first dish was polished off in one sitting, believe it or not. I've never had a dish of zucchini without needing a left over container go in the fridge. These were the best zucchini ever. I cooked this last week and just cooked some more last night. That's how good it is.

Click here to get the recipe...



Visit our new blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

2 comments

  1. Unknown // 7/14/2008 7:08 PM  

    WOW! Like in Ratatouille the movie! You are making me want to go home and pop in the DVD!

    Thank you for dropping by my site and reading about Mother's Day. Well, I just wanted the best for my mom. That's my NANAY, ya know. =) I know exactly where the Westin is. =) I have probably seen your father around too. Hahaha. That's the thing about the hotels here in SF, so many Filipinos work in them.

    It's nice because you feel like you have family in a place that is not home, but is for the time being.

    =) Have a great day!

  2. Anonymous // 8/19/2008 10:23 AM  

    We would like to feature this recipe on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e