Chipotle Mexican Grill

Posted by JMom | Saturday, July 12, 2008 | , | 0 comments »

I've been seeing ads for Chipotle Mexican Grill for a long time but hadn't had a chance to try it out. For one, there wasn't one close enough. Well we finally got to try it, and I have to say that the quality of the food didn't stand up well to the hype. It's been advertised to be gourmet burritos and tacos. Well, if gourmet means bland and generic, then I guess I'm wrong. Like my husband says, I just like eating at dives. LOL!

Well, the burritos we had just were not the kind that I'm used to getting by going into restaurants where I have to point at what I want because the servers don't understand what I'm saying. Chipotle burritos were filled with mostly rice, white rice at that, not the red spicy Spanish rice we're familiar with. The meats were dry, and we tried just about every meat they had, the chicken, steak, carnitas and barbacoa. I preferred the barbacoa best, it had the most flavor, in my opinion. The rest, the family agrees that they are just so-so. Good enough for something fast, but really it's just a well dressed sister of Taco Bell.



Visit our new blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e