Baked Mussels with Herbs and Garlic

Posted by JMom | Monday, April 02, 2007 | , , | 9 comments »

Baked Mussels with Herbs and Garlic


Here is another dish inspired by bloghopping. Not too long ago, I was drooling over mussels cooked by Iskandals and SpiCES but I wasn't sure where or when I would be able to get a hold of some decent mussels. Then Ces commented that I can use the frozen New Zealand Mussels commonly found in the grocery store. So that is what I did, got me a box of mussels and got to cookin'. This is what I came up with. They were delicious! Next time, now that I know I have a steady source, I will try all the recipes from Iska and Ces.

INGREDIENTS:
New Zealand Mussels
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chives, minced
2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
Mayonnaise
Bread crumbs

Place mussel half shells on a cookie sheet. In a small bowl, combine the garlic and herbs. Sprinkle the mussels with garlic and herb mixture. Place a dollop of mayonnaise (about half a teaspoon) on each mussel. Sprinkle tops with bread crumbs. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes until the mayonnaise has melted and the top is lightly browned. Serve with a squeeze of lemon.





9 comments

  1. Anonymous // 4/03/2007 12:16 PM  

    hi j!
    good thing I tried to browse before i go back to cleaning! thanks for the post and you made me crave for mussels again!
    btw, the square silicone pans were from CIA but i'm so sure you'll find one in any home-specialty shops we have here...

  2. exskindiver // 4/03/2007 11:25 PM  

    wow jmom--
    this looks so good.
    i love tahong.

  3. Anonymous // 4/04/2007 9:05 AM  

    Ooooohhhh they look sooooo good! My uncle used to make those way back in the Phils. I wish i can bake some of those again

  4. JMom // 4/04/2007 1:05 PM  

    hi ces! thanks for the tip, I'll start looking for those square muffins :) Now I'm like totally hooked on the new zealand mussels, I want to go back so I can try your variations.

    Hi Chas, try the freezer section at the grocery next time. That's where I found these New Zealand Mussels, they were frozen.

  5. JMom // 4/04/2007 1:12 PM  

    hi exskindiver, thanks! I love tahong too :)

  6. Pookah // 4/08/2007 8:25 AM  

    Hey Jmom,

    This looks great! I hadn't gotten the tip on the frozen mussels and will give them a try. You've really been cooking some yummy looking stuff.

  7. Omom // 4/12/2007 2:47 AM  

    Hiya sis,
    Wish I could be as creative in the kitchen. It looks so good I just drooled on my keyboard. Bwahahaha!!!
    Hugs!

  8. dexiejane // 4/14/2007 5:42 PM  

    oooh I love baked muscles. i must get a bag sometime. it has been a while since I made some :)

  9. Anonymous // 4/23/2007 1:34 AM  

    Hi JMom! Ngayon lang ako uli nakaikot....
    That looks delicious! And by the way, I also use frozen mussels.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e