Vegetable Adobo

Posted by JMom | Friday, March 02, 2007 | , , | 2 comments »

Vegetable Adobo



How do I love adobo? Let me count the ways....there's chicken, beef, pork, liver, ribs, and vegetables too! Yes, you can adobo vegetables and yes, adobo can be a verb :)

When you're tired of the vegetable stews, soups, steamed, and stirfrys, vegetable adobo can be a very good option and quite easy too! You can cook almost anything in the soy and vinegar mixture that makes adobo. I just had some long beans okra and peppers on hand so that is what I used.

INGREDIENTS:
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, sliced
3 tomatoes, sliced
3 Tbsp. vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
vegetables: long beans, okra, peppers
1 Tbsp. oil

Heat the oil in a pan and saute' the garlic, onions an tomatoes until they have softened and are fragrant. Add the vegetables and stir. Pour the soy and vinegar and simmer until all the vegetables are tender.



Filipino Cookbooks

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // 3/06/2007 11:13 AM  

    Oh, yes! Adobo anything.., i'd say. :)

    I LOVE adobo of anything. Strange that i don't have much adobo on my site as i cook adobo all the time.

    You are making me very hungry right now. Look so good.

    Mae

  2. Lani // 3/11/2007 8:58 PM  

    Uy, kakaibang adobo, JMom. You're right, very versatile ang adobo natin.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e