A Food Meme

Posted by JMom | Thursday, July 27, 2006 | | 7 comments »


This meme is from the ever creative Toni of Wifely Steps which she sent to our email group but I chose to post my answers here. I tag all of you who love food and reads this.

How do you like your eggs?
I like eggs in any form except for poached. Just haven't developed a liking for it yet.

How do you take your coffee/tea:
Like my man, strong and black LOL!

Favorite breakfast foods:
Fried Rice, tomatoes & onions, sunny fried egg, and one of these: langonisa, tocino, or daing (dried fish)

Peanut butter: smooth or crunchy?
Smooth

What kind of dressing on your salad?
Italian, Greek, or Caesar

Coke or Pepsi?
Pepsi, but rarely

You're feeling lazy. What do you make?
Ramen noodles or boiled eggs

You're feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order?
Papa Johns - Spinach Alfredo (mine), pepperoni or cheese (kids), meat lover (hubby)

You feel like cooking. What do you make?
Whatever strikes me and whatever is in the fridge. I like playing iron chef in my own kitchen.

Do any foods bring back good memories?
Yes, lots of them. Just about every memory I have seems to have food involved. Example: [Good]Kindergarten graduation, my dad took us for pancit loglog and chopsuey. [Good]When I was pregnant with my first child, I had an unusual hankering for eggs at every meal.


Do any foods bring back bad memories?
Yes, lots of them. I told you I can relate just about any memory to food! Example: [Bad]I burned my legs when I was 8 cooking lugaw (porridge). [Bad]I learned how to bake bread to get over a bad break up. During this time I also learned vodka does not freeze.

Do any foods remind you of someone?
Dinengdeng and Kamote Salad = my lola Dora
chicken feet and chicken heads tinola = my lolo (those were always his portions)
Suman = my lola Faus
Banana Bread & Bread Pudding = my mom
Pinapaitan & Dinuguan = my dad
Brazos de Mercedes = Aunt Liz, who can't cook but has mastered this
I can go on and on......

Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Haven't found food yet that is hygenically prepared and cooked well that I didn't like. I'll try anything at least once, provided it's clean.

What was your favorite food as a child?
Seafood even though I was allergic to them. I loved shrimps and crab, I still do.

Is there a food that you hated as a child but now love?
hmmm........NO

Is there a food that you loved as a child but now hate?
NO

Favorite fruit & vegetable:
I like them all, but am partial to leafy green vegetables and mangoes

Favorite junk food:
French fries

Favorite between meal snack:
Don't snack much between meals but when I do it is usually fruit and occasional chips or cakes

Do you have any weird food habits:
I don't like to mix flavors unless I know they compliment each other. Example: I don't like putting anything sweet on a plate with savory dishes.

You're on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on?
Fruits and Veggies

How spicy do you order Indian/Thai?
HOT HOT HOT!!!

Can I get you a drink?
Water for the most part; of the alcoholic type, margaritas on the rocks, gimlet, or vodka tonic

Red wine or white?
Depends on what I'm eating

We only have beer:
Corona

Favorite dessert?
Tiramisu, creme brulee, flan (or anything creamy and sweet)

The perfect nightcap?
Hot cocoa

7 comments

  1. Anonymous // 7/27/2006 3:10 PM  

    I like Pepsi than Coke though I also rarely drink softdrinks. And also I just love creme brulee!

  2. Anonymous // 7/27/2006 7:39 PM  

    I like 'em hot too, Jmom:) Nice new look..kudos to you and Chas. Regards

  3. Anonymous // 7/28/2006 6:36 AM  

    I had to raise my eyebrow at the 2nd question. Who would've known that you've got a spicy sense of humor! ;-)

  4. Anonymous // 7/28/2006 4:48 PM  

    Hi JMom,

    Lol! While reading your post, EGGS is too many to mention and even at times when you're pregnant and crave about eggs! Well, I would say I love sunny side up for my egg with a dash of hot sauce...thanks for letting us know your food's favorite...Happy weekend!

    Thi

  5. Anonymous // 7/28/2006 10:53 PM  

    Corona is my favorite, too.
    BTW, I love your new template.

  6. Anonymous // 7/29/2006 1:17 AM  

    ang cute naman ng banga-banga!

  7. Anonymous // 7/29/2006 9:29 AM  

    there are some thoughtful questions in this meme. a nice one for readers. thanks for sharing.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e