Chicken Stuffed Pastry

Posted by JMom | Thursday, March 23, 2006 | , | 5 comments »

Chicken-Stuffed-PastryI made a fish-in-pastry dinner recently (will post recipe later) and since my youngest daughter does not eat fish, I had to come up with something similar but none fishy for her. I decided to use my old standby, chicken to stuff with. I had enough to make two pockets and she took the other one for lunch the next day. She even said this is better than hot pockets!

1 sheet of puff pastry (store-bought)
1 cooked chicken breast (poach in water or chicken broth first)
1 sprig of green onion (cut in half lengthwise then into 1 inch lengths)
2 slices of provolone cheese

Thaw out the puff pastry if frozen. Cut in pastry in half to make two roll ups. On each half layer chicken slices, green onions and cheese. Fold up sides to form a rectangular packet and press/seal seams together. Brush top of pastry with beaten egg to make it shine, and bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

5 comments

  1. Anonymous // 3/24/2006 1:16 PM  

    aba provolone pa talap
    M would add peas on this...
    no fish for her?
    hope her palate changes...

    i got to be well am leaving this tues for italy kasi

  2. Anonymous // 3/24/2006 11:00 PM  

    i've been meaning to make something with this puff pastry and here it is! do you have a brand that you could recommend? hehe afer mascarpone ito naman..btw, i made another tiramisu last night..for supposed guest tonight rescheduled tomorrow so i cannot say anything yet except that i tried another way na naman! will let you know!:)

  3. Anonymous // 3/27/2006 11:34 AM  

    Yum! Hot pockets!! I like the fact that you used puff pastry as I can imagine all of that buttery flakiness surrounding the chicken and cheese.
    P.S. The eggplant, tofu, and shrimp recipe was fantastic!!

  4. JMom // 4/04/2006 9:45 AM  

    Hi Tin, oo ba, basta ikaw ;-) I'll even make you your own pocket.

    Hi sha! oh peas would have been a great addition! I will have to try M's way next time. Kakaingit ka talaga, globe hopping ka nanaman ;-)

    Hi ces, I used the pepperidge farm brand. I think I put the link on the ingredients list. We had store bought tiramisu from Costco the other day, and the consensus is our homemade one was better ;-)

  5. JMom // 4/04/2006 9:48 AM  

    Hi Rowena, yeah, it was really rich, but you can't beat the flakiness of puff pastry. I'm guessing it would be really hard to duplicate from scratch. Hey, I'm glad you tried the eggplant tofu recipe. I just love eggplants, even by itself.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e