Roast Pork

Posted by JMom | Monday, January 03, 2005 | 3 comments »

WooHoo! The computer hogs go back to school tomorrow, and are already in bed. I know they are not asleep yet though. Their schedule is all messed up. They have been staying awake until past midnight everynight during their holiday break. I don't envy them tomorrow when they have to get up at 6 to go to school. They have been sleeping in til almost noon. I sure felt tired when I went to work today....

Anyway, since it's just us for Christmas and we didn't really feel like having anymore turkey, we decided to try out Purple Girl's Roast Pork. It was delicious! The girls and I practically ate all the crispy skin. Yummy!

3 comments

  1. Bob Lenning // 1/04/2005 11:07 AM  

    You are tugging at my heart strings when you use the word 'pork'. I can just about taste the picture. Following your links has taught me the word 'lechon'. I can see that I'm going to learn a lot from reading your blog. I made pork one of my favorite ways just the other night. I pot roast (braise) a pork butt (shoulder) in fruit juice, adding sweet potatoes and carrots before serving. My mouth is starting to water just writing about it.

  2. purplegirl // 1/05/2005 2:22 AM  

    Hooray! Wasn't the pork just absolutely divine? You can do the same to turkey. Just cover with a tent foil for the first hour and a half then uncovered the rest of the time. You don't need to brine. Just rub salt and pepper (and herbs, if you like) right before you put the bird in the oven. Glad you liked it!

  3. JMom // 1/05/2005 11:10 AM  

    Hi Bob! I love food bloghopping, you learn something everyday. I'm glad you picked up something from my blog. My sis-in-law makes a similar roast pork like you described, it's delicious!

    Hi PurpleGirl, yeah, this is great, thanks. I used to have a difficult time getting the skin crisp, and I think the water in the pan solved the problem. Now my girls and I can crunch away :) My mouth waters as I type about it, LOL!

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e