Ginger Juice

Posted by Jade | Sunday, April 16, 2006 | , | 0 comments »

Hola! I'm finally going to be posting some stuff on a hopefully regular basis with this new recipe book mom got me, it's called Juices & Smoothies, we got it as Borders last night in the bargain section for only $5.99! I was really happy coz, I'm a blending freak. They have some really cool stuff in here. So the one I whipped up today was "Ginger Juice" its not a smoothie but actually a juice so, take out that electric juicer!!! This recipe makes one glass.

You'll need:
1/2 small pineapple
25g./1 oz. fresh root ginger (about 1/2 in.)
1 carrot
ice cubes

1. Using a sharp knife, cut away the skin from the pineapple, then halve and remove the core. Roughly slice the pineapple flesh. Peel and roughly chop the ginger, then chop the carrot.
2. Push the carrot, ginger, and pineapple through a juicer and pour into a glass. Add ice cubes and serve immediately.

This one was REALLY good. I loved it!! The pineapple and carrot mixed really well together, and the aroma and background flavor from the ginger was perfect. It was a light and refreshing drink. I topped it off with a little celery stick that I finely sliced at one end, then soaked in iced water for 15 minutes, this created a cute little brush effect on the end of the celery, I used a small part of the top with the leaves still on it, take a look...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e