My Pineapple Cake

Posted by Jade | Wednesday, June 22, 2005 | 2 comments »

cooked by JADE

Yummy, I made a mothers day surprise for my mummy. A while ago I made this treat for my mom and for myself, since I absolutely looove pineapple cake. This time we tried something new though. We used Duncan Hines pineapple flavored cake instead of just the plain yellow cake. And I must say it was quite good. And it looked nice too...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


So here's how I made it:

1 box pineapple cake mix from duncan hines
3 eggs
specified amount of water and oil

follow cooking directions on the package.

Frosting:
HOME DECORATING BUTTERCREAM ICING
from The Wilton Method of Cake Decorating Course
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. water
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 lb. confectioner's sugar ( I only used about 3/4 of the bag though - it was sweet enough)

Blend butter and shortening with an electric beater. Add the vanilla extract, water, and sugar and mix until well blended.

I used a small can of pinapple chunks for the decoration, drained.

2 comments

  1. Toni // 6/25/2005 6:59 AM  

    WOW! That looks so delicious! I wish I could just reach into my computer's monitor for a forkful of that cake of yours!

  2. thesearemyconfessions // 7/02/2005 8:52 PM  

    hi, i've visited your site a few times before. will try this recipe. do you mind if i add you in my blogger's list? thanks. will definitely come and visit your site again for more recipes.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e